The DEV.BO is a development board based off of the MSP430F5510. This board can easily be programmed using the LaunchPad or any MSP430 JTAG programmer. Click here to see the post on the older DEV.BO.
|DEV.BO Ver. 2.0 - Please ignore the flux residue on the board. I am out of flux remover and am expecting more in the mail soon.|
Features and Specs
- Based on the MSP430F5510
- Max clock speed of 25MHz
- Integrated 32kHz crystal
- Broad supply voltage range - 1.8 V to 3.6 V
- 25K of flash memory
- 1 USCI_A (UART/LIN/IrDA/SPI)
- 1 USCI_B (I2C/SPI)
- 2 16-bit (3CCR), 1 16-bit (5CCR), 1 16-bit (7CCR)
- 10-bit SAR ADC
- Internal temperature sensor
- Hardware multiplier
- Much more!
- Connectors for both SBW and JTAG
- The SBW is made for easy connection to the LaunchPad
- USB interface (FTDI323RL)
- On board reset button
- 1 programmable push button
- 1 programmable LED
- Easy to use jumpers for disabling all non-mandatory circuitry
- Extra power connectors for expansion boards
- MSP430F5510 Datasheet
- MSP430x5xx/MSP430x6xx Family User's Guide
- TI's MSP430F5510 Example Code
- DEV.BO Ver. 2.0 Schematic
- FTDI FT232RL Datasheet
- NJC's DEV.BO Package (includes all the above documents as of April 2011)
Bare PCB (Unassembled) - $15
If you have all the tools you need to solder one up yourself, already have an MSP430F5510 from TI's free sample program, and all of the other parts needed, you can buy just the bare unassembled PCB. The handling time will also greatly reduced if you buy the bare board. Please note, that if you select this option, you will receive no components, you will only receive the PCB.
Without FTDI USB (MSP430 Assembled) - $35
This option is for those of you who do not need USB communication abilities and just want to use the MSP430F5510. If you select this option, you will receive a mostly assembled PCB. Everything needed to program and use the MSP430F5510 will be soldered onto the board but everything relating to the FTDI USB circuit (including the USB connector and the FTDI jumpers) will not be soldered to the board, and the parts will not be included. Male headers are also provided to connect to the MSP430's pins (the headers will not be soldered onto the board).
Full Board (Assembled) - $45
This option comes with everything already soldered onto the board. Male headers will also be included to connect to the MSP430's pins, but they are not soldered onto the board.
Every DEV.BO which will have the MSP430 F5510 soldered onto it (Options: Without FTDI USB and Full Board) will come with a modified version of the LaunchScope code which samples at a rate of 4kHz. This code will be released as it's own post in the upcoming weeks once I have a chance to fully document it.